5 key factors to consider while looking out for the perfect family car
When my child enters a toy shop and sees cars, all he wants is a different car from the ones he already has. Sometimes, he wants a big car and sometimes a tiny hotwheel car, sometimes the red one and sometimes a green car!! I wish buying a car was that simple for adults too, but sigh, it is not!!
What are the points that one must consider while planning to buy a Family car.
1. Safety- more than 4 lakh road accidents are reported each year in India, with over 20% being fatal. Aren't these stats shocking? This is a reason enough to consider safety as the prime factor before buying your car. Few of the things that one should check for are- airbags, antilock braking system , fog lights, sensors to avoid front collission and anchorpoints for child seat.
2. Comfort and amenities - ergonomic and comfortable seats, good leg space, proper insulation to cut outside noise, infotainment system other amenities like cold storage box, foldable seats to.make more room when needed, Bluetooth connectivity, push button start and keyless entry for the times you have your hands full of grocery bags!!
3. Power - The petrol cars tend to have a swift and smooth pickup whereas mass market diesel cars exhibit great amount of pulling power which means there is an initial lag and the car takes a while to respond to the pressing of the accelerator.
4. Cost and financing - Buying a car requires substantial funds. Therefore one has to first look at the budget and financing options available. The applicable taxes, interest rate on loan, processing fee and prepayment charges or late payment penalty are some of the things that must be researched on as well while buying a car. Want to estimate payments and compare financing options log on to cars.com .
5. Maintenance, cost of running and spare parts cost and availability- You don't just shell out one huge amount when you buy a car, it rather comes at an ongoing recurring expenditure. The fuel cost too differs from one car to another and it is one major recurring expense.
Some other factors that may be looked into are- After sales service, annual maintenance costs, quality and finish of interiors, brand value and resale value!
Hope you found this article helpful, for more details and deals on latest cars you could check Cars.com.